Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Bookworming



I'm one of those people that likes to read books, yes even those without pictures. I have always read books and have no intention of stopping! Sat here I'm actually surrounded by books floor to ceiling 8 shelves high. Most of these books I've read once, some have been reread and others are often consulted. Some of these books I've actually mentioned on this blog: e.g. The Scatered City, Building the Workingman's Paradise, Garden Cities of To-morrow, Nothing gained by overcrowding,Tuinsteden, Das Englische Haus and The Garden City Utopia.



This Christmas I received a new copy of Ebenezer Howards seminal book Garden Cities of To-morrow, as I had lent my first book to a graduate student years ago and have been without since (I must mention said student is adement he returned the book, but I have moved house twice since, so it might have been misplaced rather than lost). So now the book has been returned to its rightfull place next to Tuinsteden by G. Feenstra, the must-read for understanding garden villages in the Low Countries.I am lucky to have an original from 1920. My next read will be another festive present: The Lego Architect.

No comments:

Post a Comment